Need goods transported by plane, ship,
train or truck? Submit ONE freight shipping request and receive many quotes
from freight forwarders or shipping companies.
What is an international freight
International freight forwarders play an important
part of the transportation process. They act on behalf of
exporters by arranging all levels of national and international
freight shipping. Freight forwarders can provide you
with many options as most manage ocean, rail, road, air or
sea transportation. The advantage of working with a freight
forwarder for moving your container load or less than container
load of goods is that they are familiar with the import rules
and regulations of foreign countries. They are also familiar
with the different methods of shipping, customs and government
regulations and documents associated with foreign trade.
If you need packages to arrive at their destination
in a hurry, consider using an air freight forwarder as they
specialize in the immediate delivery of heavyweight goods via
air. Clients are often able to secure a much better rate for
delivery than if they were to work through a branded national
overnight delivery service.
What services can freight forwarders provide
cargo quotes for?
• Booking of space with the carrier
• Arranging cargo insurance
• Guidance on packaging, marking, and labeling
• Completing export documentation
• Advise on foreign import regulations
• Arrange for products to be packed and placed in containers
• Export clearance.
After you have received a cargo quote, there are several questions
you may consider asking your freight forwarder:
Is the freight forwarder registered with the International Air Transport Association
(IATA) to deal with international air cargo? (Keep in mind that being registered
with IATA is not a requirement to handle air freight, however, to register,
freight forwarders must meet IATA criteria regarding financial and credit standing,
physical facilities, professional qualifications, and ethical practice.)
• What is the freight forwarders customer satisfaction record?
• Does the freight forwarder have knowledge of and experience with your
product, desired shipment method, and destination country?
• Does the freight forwarder have an office in your destination market
and do the offices have the ability to communicate with one another on-line?
• Do they have warehouse facilities, if you need warehousing?
• Do they have enough staff to handle the quantity of goods and other requirements?
• Does the freight forwarder have insurance to cover your needs?
Submit your online freight forwarders quote request by using our online cargo request